GENERAL GLAZING SPECIFICATIONS
- Where indicated on the architectural drawings, all glazing in windows, doors, partitions, or as otherwise specified will be Plexiglas® acrylic plastic sheet as manufactured by Arkema Inc.
- Work included:
- Furnishing all Plexiglas® glazing specified by drawings.
- Preparation of all sashes or frames.
- Fitting of all Plexiglas® glazing.
- Installation of all Plexiglas® glazing.
- Applications of all sealants of the type recommended for Plexiglas® glazing. Use sealant primers recommended by sealant manufacturer.
- Cleaning of all Plexiglas® glazing.
Plexiglas® G and MC colorless sheets:
Transparent Solar Control Series:
Color # _________, Thickness_________
Colors other than Solar Control Series:
Color # __________, Pattern #__________
Plexiglas® UF sheet (ultraviolet filter): UF-3 or UF-4 Thickness_________
- Plexiglas® glazing shall be handled with care during storage, cutting, transporting and installation to avoid scratching or marring of its surface.
- Upon completion of glazing installation, Plexiglas® acrylic shall be protected from paint, plaster and tar splashes with drop cloths or other suitable covering.