Aerospace - Aviation
Altuglas International has reintroduced Plexiglas® II UVA and Plexiglas® P55 acrylic sheet to the aerospace market. Both acrylic sheets are preshrunk and specially designed for use in a wide variety of aircraft components including military canopies, aircraft windshields, wing tip lights, instrument clusters, helicopter bubbles, aircraft side windows and other transparent aerospace enclosures.
Plexiglas® acrylic sheet are inherently lightweight, resistant to thermal shock, and have excellent optical clarity and mechanical properties.
- Plexiglas® II UVA acrylic sheet is certified to meet or exceed Military Specification MIL-PRF-5425E, “Plastic Sheet, Acrylic, Heat Resistant.” Available in thicknesses from 0.125 to 1.000 inch, this versatile PMMA acrylic sheet is manufactured to exacting standards of optical clarity, surface quality, and thickness tolerances. It also has excellent weathering characteristics and is listed in the U.S. Qualified Products Database (QPD).
- Plexiglas® P55 acrylic sheet is certified to meet or exceed Military Specification MIL-PRF-8184, “Plastic Sheet, Acrylic, Modified.” Available in thicknesses from 0.125 to 2.000 inches, this high performance sheet can be biaxially stretched to meet the qualifications of MIL-PRF-25690B. Plexiglas® P55 acrylic sheet qualifies as Type 1, Class 1 and is listed in the Qualified Products Database (QPD).
These two products are also available in Europe, Asia, and Africa under the brand name Altuglas® II UVA and Altuglas® P55.
Both products meet or exceed military specifications
Plexiglas® II UVA and Plexiglas® P55 acrylic sheets are designed for use in a wide variety of aircraft components.
Their benefits are:
- Plexiglas® II-UVA is a premium grade, preshrunk cell-cast acrylic sheet suitable for Mil-Spec applications
- Plexiglas® P-55 is a premium grade, cross-linked cell-cast acrylic sheet suitable for stretching for Mil-Spec applications
- Can be used alone or as a laminate
- Lightweight – Half the weight of glass
- Weather resistant
- Excellent light transmission and optical clarity
- Easily fabricated and thermoformed