Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet bullet-resistant glazing material is the safe choice for glazing and security professionals. Its patented protection serves every day in high security environments — wherever weapons, violence, or vandalism are a risk.
When clarity and security are important
- Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet offers a lightweight, crystal-clear, non-laminated alternative for the protective barrier designs and it’s half the weight of bullet-resistant glass of the same UL class rating. When clarity and security are important, no material outshines it.
- Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet meets UL 752-Level I and II requirements for use in bullet-resistant applications involving small firearms. It is also available with an abrasion resistant coating.
- Plexiglas® SBAR acrylic sheet offers 40 times the abrasion resistance of uncoated acrylic.
- Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet is easy to cut, drill, rout and cement using conventional tools. Installations include counter barrier windows, access doors and under counter protection.
- Banks, government buildings, convenience stores
- Kiosks, ATMs, drive-up windows, bus shelters
- Prisons, jails, detention centers, psychiatric hospitals
- Front/back seat dividers in police vehicles, taxicabs
- Counter barrier windows, under counters, access doors
- Lightweight without laminating
Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet provides the same level of protection without lamination and is half the weight of glass laminates with the same UL ratings.
- Radiant clarity and aesthetics
Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet looks great. Its clear edges, which shine when polished, provide a frameless, clean and continuous look creating an aesthetically pleasing yet unyielding barrier. Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet resists yellowing, hazing and degradation while allowing excellent light transmittance.
- Design flexibility and application versatility
Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet can be custom cut to any size and is prepared and installed with conventional tools. Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet is easier and less expensive to ship and provides a cost-saving benefit to installers.
- Abrasion resistant
Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet meets the ASTM 4802 abrasion resistant requirement. Our coated acrylic sheet, Plexiglas® SBAR, offers 40 times the abrasion resistance of uncoated acrylic for applications where greater wear protection is required.
- Exceptional value
Plexiglas® SB acrylic sheet is a monolithic, lightweight and crystal clear protective-barrier material that offers performance benefits and cost savings versus polymer or glass laminates with the same UL class rating.