Plexiglas® acrylic resins provide the ideal combination of light management and heat resistance properties.
Plexiglas® acrylic resins have played a vital role in the development of durable, weatherable lenses for commercial, industrial, residential, and roadway lighting lenses and covers.
- Plexiglas® V825HID acryic resin withstands continuous exposure to high intensity discharge sources up to 90°C, including metal hialide and mercury vapor light sources. It is also suitable for incandescent and compact fluorescent fixtures.
- Plexiglas® V045i and V052i acrylic resins were developed to supply more practical toughness over standard acrylics. This technology offers improved handling and durability and higher yields without loss in optical properties of standard V-grade acrylic resins.
- Plexiglas® impact modified acrylic resins DR®, MI7, HFI10 and HFI7 offer a multitude of lighting applications with excellent optics, weatherability with up to 10x the toughness of the V-grade series. The toughness increases with temperature. This effect and weatherability will translate to part longevity.
Be it frosted, diffuse, or clear, Plexiglas® acrylic resins offer a selection to meet the most exacting needs
Plexiglas® acrylics are the material of choice for leading light manufacturers, resin processors, molders, specifiers and designers.
The portfolio offers a variety of properties tailored to the end use
- Heat and UV resistance properties to meet a wide range lighting needs
- Color retention and dimensional stability that lasts over time
- Increased toughness
- Improved handing and durability
- Higher yields/reduced reject rates
- Clear/diffuse formulated resins
It takes just a few minutes to select the resin that best fits the desired lighting effect and output resistance.